Hello! My name is Tauska.
I am an illustrator and author who loves drawing beautiful things and nature. I also draw and write about issues surrounding human rights, children's rights, environmental issues, and other issues close to my heart. My illustrations are diverse and often feature minorities, and diverse names so that more varied children can see themselves mirrored in literature.
In my work as an illustrator and author, I pull from my experiences as an educator, animator, and graphic designer to creatively address the issues at hand.
I also pull from my background as a Canadian with a mixed Indian and African background.
It is my dream to work with organizations and people that have a vested interest in education, humanity, and innovation towards building for interactive far reaching media that helps to build pluralistic communities.
I am usually found walking the gardens of Paris, where I now live, working with fresh tea in hand, or exploring new projects.
More about Tauska
1. Bachelor of Fine Arts in Animation: Emily Carr University, Vancouver, Canada.
2. Diploma of Aromatherapy: Langara University, Vancouver, Canada.
3. Bachelor of Education: University of Victoria, Victoria, Canada.
4. Masters of Fine Arts in New Media: Paris College of Art, Paris, France.
1. Stories from all over the world.
2. Human rights and children's rights.
3. The many senses we use to learn the world.
4. Visiting animals in their natural habitats.
What I love to do!
1. Make books and draw.
2. Drink tea and eat fruit.
3. Create new projects.
4. Walk around and visit pretty stores.